Sleepy Giant is a leading live game operations studio and service provider. We partner with forward-thinking IP owners to launch, operate, and grow entertainment publishing platforms. Some of the partners we work with include Activision, Disney, SeaWorld and Ubisoft. Sleepy Giant is an independent, privately owned company, based in Newport Beach, CA, with an office in Chicago.
If you’re a smart, talented individual looking for a fun, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment, where your contributions can (and will) make a difference, then Sleepy Giant is the place for you.
What it's all about:
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Software Developer or System Administrator with strong experience supporting advanced applications. You will be responsible for the setup, management, and operation of complex online video game infrastructure.
- Manage high-traffic websites and large-population multiplayer online games and help shape the service experience for all players
- Refine processes and procedures to foster a center of excellence within the services organization
- Architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, database scaling/sharding, and data transformation
- Work in diverse hosting environments including Rackspace, AWS, Joyent and physical
- Instrument monitoring solutions to share insights into application performance and understand emerging issues
- Define processes to support high-availability on all supported services
- Maintain deployment software and tools (Chef, Puppet, Capistrano etc)
- Design and execute load tests against applications to test their capabilities
- Participated in the day to day optimization, scale and management of a high traffic online service such as a website or SaaS product. Preferably an online game.
- Developed software and tools in the cloud
- Have experience managing application deployments and release management
- Are able to easily troubleshoot and solve various performance issues in heterogeneous environments and systems
- Are very familiar with modern object oriented languages
- Are highly proficient in Linux
- May or may not be a developer, but you can read code and configuration files and interpret the intentions
Some tech expertise we’re interested in:
- (NoSQL) especially Redis and MongoDB
- Java, J2EE, Ruby, Python
- NGINX, MemCached
- Capistrano, Chef, Puppet, Selenium, ApachBench
- Public Cloud Deployments on AWS, Rackspace
- Private Cloud Deployments on VMware, OpenStack
You Can Look Forward To:
- Talented, energetic teammates
- Fun work environment - check out our Facebook page
- Competitive pay and full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and 401k
- Additional perks include, paid vacation days, paid volunteer days, weekly happy hours, and more.